Warning: Use of undefined constant php - assumed 'php' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/customer/www/hiddenvalleyraceclub.org/public_html/wp-config.php on line 1
Potential Weather problems this weekend – Hidden Valley Race Club
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/hiddenvalleyraceclub.org/public_html/wp-includes/post-template.php on line 284

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/hiddenvalleyraceclub.org/public_html/wp-includes/post-template.php on line 284

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/hiddenvalleyraceclub.org/public_html/wp-includes/post-template.php on line 284

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/hiddenvalleyraceclub.org/public_html/wp-includes/post-template.php on line 284

Potential Weather problems this weekend

Week of Jan 7: Last week Results, Practice, Open Cup, and PARA Race Schedule
January 8, 2013
Week of Jan 14. Congrats to Nick Blasey
January 14, 2013
Show all

Potential Weather problems this weekend

No doubt most of you have been watching the weather forecast.  Let’s hope for the best.  Saturday looks like it might be okay.  Friday is in question and Sunday may be. 

Here’s the drill: 

Friday practice should be considered canceled if we are receiving liquid snow and/or fog at 5:00 PM.  Last thing we need is to get everyone wet in the middle of flu season.  Best thing to do is check the website cameras and your weather app on your phone.  You may call me if there is a question. 

We anticipate that we will be able to hold Saturday practice if the forecast holds.  We will set gates as long as there are no issues with fog.  Those helping with set-up should met me at the bottom at 8:30.  Even if we don’t set gates we will most likely set a dual stubby slalom.

We anticipate Sunday’s practice will be able to be held.  The Open Cup Race will be a last minute call that depends on weather and snow conditions.  Basically if we have rain or fog at 10:30 AM, the race will be cancelled.  I’ll catch up with the registration folks around 10:15 and we’ll make the call.  Racers in the club will hear the race status from coaches and we’ll make a PA announcement for the public.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *